September 16, 2009

on the list this month: pick your own zinnias!

Part of my adventures last weekend, while discovering Baltimore, was to find a local farm stand. My favorite thing to do this time of year {it seriously goes on the list every September} is to pick my own fruits & veggies. {I have my apple-picking trip already planned for a few weeks from now!} There is something about being out there with nature, picking the items you may use later in a pie you've been wanting to make...well, it's just lovely, and extremely inspiring to me.

So I was absolutely thrilled to pass Huber's Farm, and see a big sign that said "Pick Your Own Zinnias!"
I immediately pulled over and had my sister and my dear friend Tyler wait for me while I climbed through the muddy fields and clipped the beautiful bouquet you see above! And the best part...I got 20 of them for $1! Ah! Mission accomplished.

What fun {& inspiring} activities do you usually have planned for September?!

No comments:

Post a Comment