May 04, 2010

i heart: sewing.

before i launched my shop a few years ago, i was 100% committed to my sewing machine. back when i used to have extra time to do things...now all my extra time is spent on my shop's ever-growing to-do list. ;)

anyway, so i had extra time on my hands and i longed to create. i have always been crafty, but i really wanted to be good at something. my mom is a seamstress and my entire life she made everything for us, from our baby clothes, to the curtains hanging in our home, to my prom dress...she even made her own wedding dress! if you aren't catchin my drift...the woman can sew. and i must have gotten some of those genes right?! so, i immediately signed up for sewing classes at f.i.t. {the fashion institute of technology} in nyc. and i finally invested in my own sewing machine.

and what came of it, you ask?! well, tons & tons of vintage-inspired aprons...

copyright madison belle.

and then there were so many aprons, i started giving them as gifts and selling them at local craft fairs in maryland & philly!

copyright madison belle.

copyright madison belle.

since then, i haven't had time to sit down and do it! but, my goal this summer is to make a dress, so hopefully i can make a few aprons as well! not only because i enjoy it, but they really do make a lovely gift...

oh! and we do carry aprons in the shop, but they aren't mine, they are designed by Funktion, and they are GORGEOUS! so if you are looking to buy one now, check them out on our shop's site here!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment